**CONTRACT TO HIRE (possibly direct hire) RELOCATION OFFERED**
The Technician Senior works independently to perform the complete testing of new development and sustaining programs and projects out of the engineering lab.
- Assist engineers and perform independently all work necessary in an assigned engineering development lab to layout, fabricate, test, build prototypes, and otherwise assist in the development verification, validation, and qualification of products and/or test equipment
- Interpret and work in accordance with work orders, drawings and schematics, sketches, catalogs, manuals, all other applicable engineering and customer specifications, and oral instructions
- Set up, adjust, adapt, operate and interpret results from standard and special purpose test equipment applicable to assigned area, such as multi-meters, signal generators, power supplies, bridges, oscilloscopes, field intensity meters, altitude chamber, flow meter, automatic test equipment or special test consoles to simulate in-service condition
- Perform functional, calibration, qualification, acceptance tests (if applicable), design verification tests under all applicable environmental and operational variables such as temperature, humidity, altitude, shock, vibration, EMI, and various stresses
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems
- Test and align hybrid circuitry
- Modify and update Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs), Standard Test Procedures (STPs), Qualification Test Procedures (QTPs), Design Verification Test Procedures (DVTPs), and other relevant and related procedures and perform each test accordingly
- Document, analyze and organize test data, make computations, plot, graph and chart as needed, and otherwise prepare concise and accurate reports of test results
- Interface with all applicable groups such as Production Technicians, Assemblers, Buyers, Engineers and others as necessary to exchange information, provide technical assistance, and share equipment; Assist with the transition of engineering to production
- Set up equipment and interpret specifications; Train, mentor, and check the accuracy of work of designated employees of lower classification
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
- Program test equipment; Utilize and program other software necessary to complete job responsibilities
- Assist and participate in design rules for engineering and manufacturing
- Interface with customers, and provide customer support, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems and provide information on product
- Perform reliability tests for probable life, probable failure, extreme conditions, etc.
- Experience: 8+ years of related experience
- Knowledge: Knowledge of practical application of engineering electronics, science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services; Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Skills/Abilities: Good oral expression and comprehension (communicate through speech so others will understand and listen to and understand information and ideas presented through speech); Good written expression and comprehension (communicate in English through writing so others will understand and read and understand information and ideas presented in English through writing)
Two-year degree in Electronics or equivalent experience or Associate's degree in an engineering discipline
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing operations may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, gowning, masks, hearing protectors, heel/wrist straps and any other required PPE
- May be exposed to unusual environmental conditions such as loud noises, cold temperatures, confined spaces, dust or fumes
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website