We are hiring a 2nd Shift Facilities Maintenance Technician for our manufacturing client located in Lake Forest, CA. This opening will be direct hire and will work from 2:00pm - 10:30pm, Monday - Friday with occasional overtime. Flexibility on shifts is strongly preferred. The facilities maintenance technician will provide expert mechanical, electrical, and technical support to all departments within the company.
- Provide prompt and effective facilities support in the areas of routine maintenance, carpentry, light electrical, painting, plumbing, and Preventative Maintenance independent of direct supervision
- Provide support to ensure that all personnel follow appropriate safety standards.
- Provide support in assessing and repairing all potential safety hazards.
- Ensure all hazardous materials and wastes are handled and disposed of in accordance with all federal and state regulations.
- Provide cross-training to lesser experienced team members.
- Provide support and active participation in team 5-S activities.
- Conduct team meetings as needed.
- Seek ideas from manufacturing teams to improve work environment and production output.
- Work with engineering to ensure improvement of operations, utilizing process simplification and automation as appropriate.
- Work with outside contractors to from securing quotes and job estimates to ensure job completion in compliance with scope of work.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance procedure on facilities equipment.
- Ensure any new equipment installations are properly and safely installed whether done by company personnel or by outside contractors.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to respond to emergencies outside of the regular work hours.
- Must be able to support facilities related projects during weekends, holidays or evening hours as needed.
- Must be able to safely use standard hand tools, hand power tools including drill motors and skill saws. Must be able to operate a drill press, bench grinder, and a belt sander.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
- Forklift Certification
- Trades Certification (s) | Hazmat Certification
- Understanding of ISO/QS procedures and work instructions.
This position requires the employee to work comfortably and safely in an office and shop environment. While performing the duties of the position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, kneel, crawl, and crouch. The employee is occasionally required to work at heights approaching 30 above the floor from a stationary work platform. This position involves occasionally lifting up to 30 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear.
$20-25 per hour
Direct Hire (w/ Benefits)
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website