Kelly is actively recruiting for a Direct Hire Associate Formulation Development Scientist position in Greater Philadelphia, PA.
This position provides research, testing, and technical support in the Formulation Development Laboratory. Responsible for the development of new products as well as reformulation of existing products to improve quality or meet regulatory requirements. Typically, work days are 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Salary range $60,000-$65,000.
These functions include:
- The development of formulations and their production process, physical evaluation of raw materials and product prototypes, coordinating claim support studies, and the transfer of technical information.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Communicate scientific data by preparing technical documents, reports, and participating in cross functional teams as directed by supervisor.
- Demonstrate good laboratory practices, safety awareness, awareness of and compliance with regulatory guidelines, (CGMP, GLP, and FDA Monographs), comprehension of USP/NF, INCI, and other applicable references, and notebook documentation.
- Occasional overnight travel is required (0-5 trips/year).
- Responsible for the development and evaluation of new products and reformulation of current products, with guidance, to meet marketing, regulatory or quality requirements from initial design through production phase-in. These functions include formulation development studies, process development, scale-up, preparation of critical study batches under GMP conditions, and process validation.
- Prepare and issue formulation reports, product specifications, and master batch records for new products in an accurate and informative way. Review peers' work of this type.
- Establish and provide support for product performance claims according to Marketing briefs, under guidance. Coordinate safety and efficacy studies for new product development projects.
- Prepare protocols and coordinate formal stability studies to support product expiry dating. Conduct testing of stability batches and packaging materials as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Evaluate proposed changes in raw materials, packaging, processing equipment, and manufacturing methods, with guidance.
- Provide technical assessment of reactions to products involving alleged injury of potential liability claims, under guidance. Complete customer complaint investigations per approved procedures.
- Perform general laboratory assignments as needed to maintain Formulation Development laboratory.
- Prepare new SOPs and revise existing SOPs as requested by SOP coordinator. Prepare monthly reports and periodic timesheets.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of pharmaceutical and cosmetic raw materials.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of processes and equipment for compounding liquid and semi-solid dosage forms.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply FDA OTC Monograph regulations and GMP and GLP requirements.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or related science
- 4+ years of experience (graduate study and/or industrial experience) preferred
If you feel you have the knowledge and expertise, apply today to connect with a Kelly professional who will work to enrich your life.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website