YOUR SEARCH IS OVER!
Kelly Services is currently seeking TWO qualified Machinist for a DIRECT PLACEMENT position with a Fortune 100 global pharmaceutical company. Become an important part in the production and manufacturing team by applying today!
LOCATION: Irwindale, CA for the first 6 to 9 months then will move to the Irvine, CA campus
COMPENSATION: $28.54 PER HOUR
BENEFITS: MEDICAL/VACATION AND SICK PAY
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
Creates prototype product using machines that include manual lathe, mills, drill presses, grinders, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works from blueprints, drawings, models, and/or sketches to fabricate prototype components for new product testing using materials such as metals and plastics
- Reviews blueprints or drawings for machining capability and drawing standards
- Programs, sets up, cleans, and conducts minor repairs on machining equipment
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction
- Ability to work with engineers and other related fields to produce desired tooling, fixtures, castings, or parts.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, or department
- Responsible for ensuring all company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices are followed and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma
- 2-4 years of related experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency with conventional mill, conventional lathe, surface grinder, and drill press
- Proficiency with at least two of the following: CNC Machining Center, 5 Axis Swiss Lathe, and/or Wire EDM
- Proficiency with CAMM programming software: Master CAM and/or PartMaker
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to use some geometry and algebra
- Ability to read blueprints, understand sketches, tapes, oral and written instructions.
- Ability to understand, read, and write English
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “Submit resume” button or “Apply Now” to submit your resume. If you have question regarding the position, you may contact the recruiter, Stacy Jenkins, at 562-215-6674.
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website