Kelly Services is currently seeking a Quality Control Technician II in Grand Island, NY to work a contract assignment of 12 months for one of our top clients. Kelly is a full service workforce solutions provider to 98% of the Fortune 100™ companies. We provide employment to more than 700,000 people annually and we deal with some of the largest and best companies both nationally and locally.
Primary Responsibilities of the Quality Control Technician II includes:
**Vision Test Required**
- Basic laboratory wet chemistry experience. Will perform tests such as pH, UV-Vis, Infrared Spectroscopy, particles, TLC's.
- Individual must use judgment to determine when independent action is appropriate or to contact supervisor for direction.
- Individual will assist Associate Scientists and Scientists with assignments.
- Duties are of routine nature and are followed according to established standard operating procedures. Responsible for the timely and accurate support of the Stability program including initiation, sample pulls, sample shipment, inventory tracking, chart monitoring, paperwork preparation, SOP updates and data entry.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT.
- Orders supplies and maintains laboratory stock.
- Collects and Tests utility samples
Maintains accurate records of all physical and analytical testing.
- Promptly reports discrepancies and out of limits conditions to supervision.
- Assures that the correct documentation has been received from Product Release and files documentation properly.
Assures new SOPs are placed in training and returned by deadline.
- Conducts Vials Seal Integrity Analyses.
- Performs daily calibration of Laboratory Balances.
- Performs routine pH analyses.
Performs Visual Inspection and volumes for Finished Product.
- Performs sampling and physical release of all Raw Materials and Finished Products.
- Prepares and catalogs HPLC, reagents, ACS and Test Solutions.
- Responsible for temperature and/or humidity charts for controlled rooms, chambers and cabinets.
- Tracking of inventory.
- Paperwork preparation and data entry.
- Responsible for audit response tracking.
- Support the regulatory annual report and Annual Quality report process.
- Generate reports as requested by management.
- Assumes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirement of the Quality Control Technician II includes:
- BS degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Associates degree with 1 — 2 years of related experience.
- High school diploma with 3 years of related experience.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to perform light to moderate physical labor, at times briefly under conditions of extreme heat, cold and humidity.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
- Working knowledge of cGMP's.
- Contract assignment, duration 12 months.
- Work schedule: full-time, first shift.
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
- Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase—and the coverage is portable*
- Service bonus plan and Holiday pay plan, if qualified
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Free online training campus available
- Exclusive online employee community
- Corporate discounts
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position you must submit your resume to the Scientific Recruiter listed below:
Please email your resume directly to Sandy at: Sanm174@KellyServices.com (reference BH Job #3489985)
Thank you for your interest in the assignment.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website