Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Neuroscience Program and Policy Analyst (Autism Research) at the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
(1) Communicate scientific/medical and related policy information in writing and orally in a manner that can be understood by readers with non-science backgrounds.
(2) Prepare reports and briefing documents involving research and analyses in support of strategic planning, programmatic and reporting activities related to autism spectrum disorders
(3) Track advances in autism biomedical and services research in the scientific and professional literature and prepare summaries of technical articles for lay audiences
(4) Track and analyze autism and disability-related legislation.
(5) Organize, edit and plan documents, prepare text, graphics, and figures, incorporate edits gathered from multiple sources, review layouts, and finalize reports for publication.
(6) Prepare draft statements, proclamations, speeches, presentations, and Congressional testimony for senior government officials, including the annual Presidential Proclamation for World Autism Awareness Day.
(7) Participate in the development of online databases and tools that will help the office to better track and analyze autism portfolio analysis data; test new versions of the database once they are created and identify and resolve issues by working with office and IT staff.
(8) Respond to controlled and uncontrolled correspondence requests as well as audit requests; provide appropriate information to members of the public, Congress, advocacy groups and government officials about Office of Autism Research Coordination (OARC) and Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) activities.
(9) Work with staff on the planning and implementation of Inter-Agency meetings and scientific workshops related to autism spectrum disorders.
(10) Work with staff on the preparation of materials to meet Federal Advisory Committee Act requirements.
(11) Develop, implement and work with staff to develop project plans with milestones and timelines for phases of the strategic planning process, summary of advances and major initiatives of the office.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
(1) Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Biological Science, Psychology, Public Health, or closely related field.
(2) Two (2) years of experience in a related health/science field.
(3) Experience with science/health policy (including science policy fellowship) or experience with a non-profit or health advocacy organization in an area related to disabilities is desired
(4) Project planning and management skills including use of Microsoft Office to perform quantitative analyses with large data sets and develop reports
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website