Scientist - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Scientist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Serve as a the designated COVID Coordinator for OGMSR and NCATS extramural activities
- Coordinate the extramural COVID team and all related activities
- Serve as the Lead POC on the central processing team to manage all requests for actions or information
- Develop and maintain best practices, guidance and infrastructure, including tools, needed to document COVID-related activities
- Serve as the POC for counterparts within OGMSR and within the other components of NCATS
- Prepare (standing) aggregate reports and analyses for OGMSR and NCATS Leadership
- Maintain awareness of where everything stands at all points in time. [DASHBOARD function]
- Coordinate and schedule meetings for COVID-related activities (as required); provide program support and technical expertise.
- Schedule, organize, and coordinate logistics for meetings; arrange room and audiovisual reservations (or through use of virtual platforms, ZOOM, Webex etc.); coordinate with participants; prepare announcements, agendas, and materials for presentation.
- Take, summarize, and distribute minutes or notes from meetings; track action items; maintain spreadsheets of relevant information.
- Perform grant searches; track and update award status in electronic databases; track FOA status when FOAs are under development
- Develop, update, and maintain information databases.
- Lead project management: track progress toward project milestones, including importance of each task and dependencies among tasks; communicate progress and expectations to the project team and stakeholders for both research policy and operations aspects of the project as well as software release management.
- Locate research policy and operations, program and related information on the internet, and other means, including literature, web and database searches; conduct searches for material for specific programmatic needs; prepare literature reviews and summaries.
- Prepare presentations, spreadsheets, charts and graphs to communicate information.
- Work with NCATS Office of Communication, as appropriate, to ensure information on COVID-related extramural activities is up to date on the website and make sure that information is disseminated
- Gather information for documentation of project software
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. degree in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics or a related discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years post-doctoral experience biology, microbiology, biochemistry, genetics or related field.
- Knowledge of NIH extramural policies and procedures and related resources.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Visio, Teams, Project, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website