Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Kettering Health recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of Kettering Medical Center.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Under the supervision of the provider and/or practice leader, assists and delivers patient care duties, and provides administrative support throughout the practice.This position assists the provider in examination and treatment of patients, performing miscellaneous delegated duties under the direction of the provider.This position also interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information in patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.The position will be cross-trained to perform duties to enhance the efficiency and continuity of delivery of patient care.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Successful attainment and retention of CCMA, CMA (AAMA) or NCMA certification or RMA plus documented completion of a Medical Assisting program through an accredited institution of higher learning.
Basic Life Support certification required.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and public, follow direction, accept orders, and perform repetitive tasks, be patient, courteous, and tactful.
- Able to work under time constraints, multi-task, and work autonomously with little direction.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and follow directions.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program preferred.
1-year clinical experience in a medical/physician office setting preferred.
- Practical knowledge in the following areas is preferred: examination process, diagnostic and treatment room procedures, medical equipment and instruments, safety hazards and precautions, confidentiality/discretion.
- Experience with use of electronic medical records preferred.
Apply on company website