Lassonde Pappas & Co. is a US Leader in beverage manufacturing dedicated to our team members, customers and consumers satisfaction. We remain committed to our small-town roots and rural values. Hardworking and caring are qualities that make our teams special. Since 1942, we've been producing delicious products for our customers across the country!
To provide the best for our customers, we focus on building the best team by creating and advancing an inclusive environment amongst our diverse workforce. If you're passionate about customer satisfaction, reliable, and committed to being and doing better, join us!
We value each of our employee's total wellbeing. To support employees in all stages of their wellness journey, we have a robust benefits program including: medical, dental, and vision coverage options, growth and development potential, along with 401-K, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Fairs, Gym Membership Discounts, and so much more!
The Forklift Operator will be responsible for loading and unloading finished goods, raw materials and ingredients from trailers with the use of a forklift, utilizing our inventory control system (QAD/RF scanning) to capture all movement. This role reports to the Warehouse Supervisor and is based out of our Hendersonville, North Carolina location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Load and unload finished goods
- Key duties include checking in the driver, loading the truck with use of BOL and using FIFO method, completing the load, printing the BOL and signing out the driver.
- Tag and properly store finished product from production lines in a safe, efficient and orderly fashion.
- Communicate all shortages to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Use RF scanners to capture all movements and QAD for tag edits.
- Ensure product rotation is occurring, shipping out the oldest product first. Use pick sheets to assist in rotation and report any discrepancies.
- Maintain good quality of the product, including rotation of the product, correct tagging of the product and ensuring product is not damaged in the warehouse. Damaged product should be handled under the clean as you go program.
- Have an awareness of, and adherence to, all safety requirements
- Accountable for food safety, food quality and regulatory requirements for their position
- Encouraged to notify management about actual or potential food safety issues
- Adopt and maintain all SQF requirements for their position
- Empowerment to work with supervision to resolve food safety and food quality issues within their scope of work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Must hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- At least 6 months forklift experience in a manufacturing environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Credibility and Integrity
- Build and maintain professional relationships
- This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website