LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Ensures cost, schedule, and quality targets for manufacturing sites, product lines, or work cells are consistently met
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- BS Degree in Engineering, Management or related field, or equivalent
- Proficient technical expertise with demonstrated application
- Knowledge and familiarity with standards (ISO, AS, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation, communication and writing skills
- Experience in program or operations management
- Understanding of business processes and functional inter-relationships
- Background in project material management
- Solid experience in production planning
- Skilled in the use of Excel, Excel Pivot Tables, Power Point, Word, as well as Sharepoint
- Good understanding of MRP systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capable of resolving complex issues/problems utilizing comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes
- Manages the development, and monitors execution, of manufacturing schedules
- Develops budgets and manages activities to accomplish financial objectives
- Develops and recommends short- and long-range objectives, consistent with organization guidelines
- Coordinates operations and communications within, between, and among various functional areas
- Ensures operations conform to the organization's policies and procedures, values, and federal, state, and local regulations
- Establishes, monitors, and ensures customer satisfaction
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling
- Coordinates team members recruitment and selection, career development, and performance assessment
- Attend applicable internal or external customer meetings
- Participate on special project teams
- Support and lead new product introduction activities
- Maintain knowledge of current manufacturing and continuous improvement trends in the industry
- Other duties as assigned
- Lifting: Ability to lift 25 lbs up to 10% per year
- Light Travel up to 10% per year
- No special work conditions
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website