LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
As a Software Test and Qualification Engineer at DRS, you will be responsible for the verification and validation of software on complex systems as well as individual components. This will be done through directed manual testing and through building an automated testing environment. You will provide technical expertise in developing verification strategies, interpreting and verifying requirements, providing guidance into designs to ensure testability and conduct reviews to verify test coverage of complex electro-optical systems. You will develop test procedures and methodologies to support formal qualification and acceptance testing of systems. You will support testing of products, systems or subsystems in real-time and dynamic operating environments. You will analyze test data and results and troubleshoot test failures. You will provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel. You will write reports to be used by the government in determining if a system is ready to be fielded. You will ensure that a disciplined approach with adherence to standard processes and operating procedures is followed in the verification and validation testing of unit-under-test systems and sub-systems. You will contribute to a suite of automated tests for complex systems.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineer, Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years direct experience in Software Engineering and Integration
- 8+ years of experience coding or testing of C/C++ applications
- Experience transitioning products through the entire development process from requirements through qualification, and into full-rate production
- Experience with Software Test Automation
- Experience with Code Coverage and Analysis
- Ability to plan activities and drive a team for results
- Strong technical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a US Secret security clearance
- Advanced degree in Software or Software Testing
- Experience in structured Software Test Management Applications (Google Test or similar)
- Experience with programming in MATLAB
- Knowledge of processes used in the development of test programs to measure the functionality and integrity of products and services
- Strong focus on data analysis & interpretation and assessment of measurement & process capability
- Familiar with computers and control applications typically used in system operation, evaluation and test, including hands-on experience with software programming languages and applications used for product operation and test
- Familiarity with 1553 Bus Protocols and Military Standards
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review customer specifications and requirements and develop test methodologies for validation/verification of system and subsystem software performance
- Support the integration of software systems and subsystems
- Conduct qualification tests in the presence of government witnesses
- Develop and conduct verification plans and procedures based on system requirements
- Develop and integrate test equipment and test software to support software validation/verification
- Provide technical consultation to other team members
- Lead the effort to automate testing, code coverage and regression testing of systems and subsystems
- Troubleshoot test failures and support root cause determination and the development and validation of corrective actions
- Ability to work independently, with regular reporting of progress and status of the testing of systems and subsystems
- Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned tasks on time and within budget
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Execute other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in long periods at a computer
- Ability to work in a qualification lab, move and cable equipment
- Travel up to 10%
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website