On Call Position Summary:
Reports to the designated sergeant. Responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates assigned to the unit in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) directives.
1. Search for contraband and provide security.
2. Count, feed and supervise inmates in housing, work and other areas.
3. Provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates.
4. Perform security of various assigned areas.
5. Perform specific security functions including "pat" and "strip" searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
6. Transfer and transport inmates by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive inmates, as needed.
7. Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
8. Properly prepare and maintain records, forms and reports, as appropriate.
9. Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: commissary, property transportation, recreation, escort/roving, mailroom, laundry, visiting room, booking, mobile patrol, main control, housing, security housing unit and intake.
10. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors are observed.
11. Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within her/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years of age. United States citizenship required. Valid driver's license in the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website