We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Software Development EngineerOverview:
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Our team within Mastercard:
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that are used by some of the world's largest organizations to make multi-million dollar decisions and grow their businesses. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
The New Product Engineering team within Data and Services is engineering the transformation of new ideas into software solutions to test in the market, and then growing and scaling products to meet long-term demand and needs. As part of our team, you will bring your full-stack development skills to design, build, test, deploy, and scale transformational new platforms for customers, including issuers, merchants, and governments, by leveraging large data sets, and providing actionable insights. We are looking for an innovative software engineer who will play a leading role in the design and build of a full stack web application and thrive in a fast-paced, agile team. This individual will partner closely with other areas of the business to build a solution that drives value for our customers.
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to designing, building, and testing features. The range of work you encounter varies from building intuitive, responsive UIs to designing backend data models, and beyond. There are no rigid organizational structures, and each team uses processes that work best for its members and projects.
We are currently working on two new products in this space, and will start new efforts in the future.
• Commercial Payments Intelligence Center (CPIC): CPIC is a business intelligence solution that will enable commercial banks to identify key growth opportunities for commercial portfolios, highlight risks, and visualize their business
• Spending Pulse™ Next Gen (SPNG): Mastercard SpendingPulse™ is a platform that offers a macroeconomic indicator of retail sales across all payment types. The solution uses advanced models to calculate total and sector-level retail sales based on aggregate sales activity in the Mastercard payments network, survey-based estimates for other payment types (including cash), and tune for macroeconomic factors.
Join a fast growing team!
At Mastercard D&S, you will build revolutionary products that advance how businesses all over the world seize the most value from their data. As a Lead Software Development Engineer, you will:
• Lead the design and development of new, complex technical products from inception to release with high quality
• Continuously experiment, innovate, and identify technologies and approaches to handle new challenges across the technical stack and keep up with industry standards
• Be a strong individual contributor to the implementation efforts of product solutions
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to design and build scalable solutions which drive customer value
• Lead with an agile mindset and pivot fast and often as new information surfaces
• Keep senior stakeholders informed of progress and incorporate input into technical decisions
• Build technically savvy development teams and mentor junior teammates
• Drive technical direction of product roadmap
• Identify short term and long-term engineering needs to scale platform solutions to meet customer demand
• Mentor junior teammates on technical skills
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
• 5+ years of full stack engineering experience in an agile production environment
• Experience leading the design and implementation of large, complex features in full-stack applications
• Experience leading a large technical effort that spans multiple people and teams
• Strong technical mentor of multiple people
• Proficiency with .NET/C#, React, Redux, Typescript, and SQL Server or other object-oriented languages, front-end frameworks, and/or relational database technologies
• Strong technologist with proven track record of learning new technologies and frameworks
• Customer-centric development approach
• Passion for analytical / quantitative problem solving
• Experience identifying and implementing technical improvements to development processes
• Collaboration skills with experience working with people across roles and geographies
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Superior academic record with a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Mastercard is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. Applicants will be considered and treated without regard to gender, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website