DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Advanced Care Technician - Paramedic Full Time Nights
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an Advanced Care Technician.
Medical City Arlington is a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort Worth healthcare with nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.In this role you will:
- Maintain clear communication with attending physician and licensed nurse assigned to patient about all patient care issues.
- Assist licensed nurse by communicating any information collected during their interaction with the patient or family.
- Receive patients from EMS personnel.
- Monitor patients for arrhythmias.
- Measure and record patient's input and output.
- Administer medication from Advanced Clinical Tech medication list.
- Assist physicians with central line insertions, lumbar punctures, defibrillation, cardioversion, chest tube insertion, thoracentesis, arterial lines, and suturing.
- Answer EMS radios and phones (only physicians can give orders to EMS crews).
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) projects.
- One year of 911 EMS or hospital ED required.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Technical Training
- Current certification/licensure as EMT-Paramedic in the State of Texas required.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Current PALS issued by the American Heart Association preferred.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our practice managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website