Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Pharmacist PRN today with Memorial Health Meadows Hospital.Benefits
Memorial Health Meadows Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Pharmacist PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Pharmacist is responsible for providing general clinical and pharmacy services in compliance with regulatory and hospital policies/procedures. The Pharmacist will provide patient care through the use of knowledge, skills and abilities in compounding and dispensing pharmaceuticals. Come make a difference in patients' lives at our phenomenal hospital.
What you will do in this role:
· You will interpret orders and transcribe/verify in the pharmacy computer system efficiently.
· You will accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals.
· You will monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose.
· You will consult with Physicians and nursing staff members concerning the availability, dosage form, side effects, and possible incompatibility of new as well as currently used drugs. You will suggest appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic medication alternatives to medical staff.
· You will sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promoting rational drug therapy selection, limiting unnecessary procurement costs.
· You will provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients.
· You will maintain appropriate controlled substance records.
· You will assist with clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by Pharmacy Leadership.
What qualifications you may need:
· Graduate of ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy is required; PharmD Degree is preferred
· An active Pharmacist license with the Board of Pharmacy in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation is required
· Minimum of 1 year of hospital Pharmacy experience is preferred
· Prior hospital Pharmacy Residency is preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved)."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacist PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website