We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service. We have opportunities for nurses who are inspired to pioneer new models of care and want to transform the healthcare experience. Work with advanced technology and innovative procedures. Be state of the art, and never stop exploring.
- Immediate post-op cardiac cath surgery
- Severe Sepsis and temperature control
- Life threatening arrhythmias
- End-stage Heart Failure
- ARDS requiring ventilation
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
What Our Nurses Do
- Critical Care nursing in the highest level of care
- Coordinate multiple cardiac drips, vasopressors, and other medication administration
- Serve as part of a multi-disciplinary care team
- Utilize telemetry, hemodynamic monitoring, epicardial pacemakers, central lines, PA catheters, Arctic Sun, Impella and Balloon Heart Pump
- Assist physician groups with bedside procedures
- Continue to participate in educational opportunities at the hospital and around the Mercy East Community
- Function as an integral part of our amazing Critical Care Team
What we have to offer
- 12-hr shifts with every third weekend rotation
- Fellowship opportunities
- Benefits effective day 1 for eligible coworkers (48+ hours/period)
- Evening/Night/Weekend Incentive Pay
- RN to BSN Bridge Program for nurses desiring to pursue a BSN
- BSN Incentive for nurses who have completed a BSN program
- RN Loan Forgiveness Program **
**RN Loan Forgiveness Program to aide in paying off your student loan debt. Up to $5,000 per year over a period of 4 ½ years ($20,000 cap). Must graduate within prior 12-months of employment with Mercy as a registered nurse to qualify.
- We require a nursing degree from an accredited school
- You'll also need a current RN license in Missouri
- Basic life support, through the American Heart Association, is required and some floors may require additional certifications (ACLS, PALS, CCRN, etc.)
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Getting respect doesn't come easy in healthcare. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website