DescriptionExciting opportunity to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services! HCA Healthcare is a national leader in providing modern, culturally competent, patient-centered care and we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life. We are looking for an exceptional Division Director of Quality to support our expanding Quality team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve. Interested in learning more about us? Click here! Providing high-quality care to the patients we serve is a top priority for HCA Physician Services Group. Our physicians, support staff, practice management, and local leadership all play a key role in the delivery of safe, effective, quality care. The Quality team is here to support our physicians and staff in order to identify and share best practices, help mitigate patient safety risks, and identify and operationalize quality practices that will assist our physicians and practices. The Director of Quality will serve as the lead subject matter expert for clinical quality and risk for all ambulatory locations and providers for HCA Physician Services Group. This will encompass providing oversight for the quality of care being provided by approximately 5,500+ providers in 1,100+ practice locations (unique divisions range from approximately 35 to 140 practice locations and 160 to 830 providers and may increase as acquisitions occur). The Director of Quality is responsible for leading a robust clinical quality, risk, government payor initiatives program, and performance improvement activity agenda that will span across all specialty service lines. The Director of Quality will collaborate very closely with operational leadership in order to achieve the clinical outcomes that support HCAs mission and vision.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provides strategic leadership to the clinical quality, risk and performance improvement agenda within the assigned division.
- Develops, in collaboration with the division operational leadership, a customized quality agenda specific to the market driven needs of the assigned division.
- Directs efforts to ensure effective clinical quality program and performance improvement implementation throughout the assigned Division(s). Provides guidance to HCA Physician Services Group employees/management in complying with the requirements and intentions of the program.
- Provides leadership to drive work for clinical improvement and service enhancement. Supports practices in preparation of meaningful reports to the HCA Physician Services Group Quality Committee, Division Leadership, Physician Governance Councils, and HCA Physician Services Group Vice Presidents.
- Acts as a support for HCA Physician Services Group Quality Improvement and Patient Safety initiatives, as directed. Prepares and submits minutes from all meetings; as directed.
- In coordination with the Clinical Services Group (CSG), develops and implements programs, initiatives, and improvement strategies to ensure consistency in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and other governmental requirements. Ensures that required state/federal reporting is completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors and communicates with Operations regarding quality improvement trends. Assists in preparations of metric reports and development of meaningful improvement plans. Participates in Quality Monthly and Quarterly Operating Reviews.
- Facilitates effective communication with Physician Services Group and CSG leadership regarding key clinical performance improvement activities and initiatives.
- Responsible for facilitating investigation, required reporting, and corrective action development for serious quality or risk issues within the division as requested by Division Vice President and Group Vice President. Accesses company resources as appropriate. Facilitates completion of Root Cause Analysis.
- Maintains awareness of regulations, keeping abreast of pending and or implemented changes. Develops communication tools to alert Divisions.
- Participates in development of Division Quality Strategic Planning that takes into consideration local market dynamics.
- Maintains current competency with all current Quality Program initiatives.
- Provides practice assessments and identifies deficiencies as applicable, develops in collaboration with operations any needed corrective action plans, and assists in the management of the action plan to completion.
- Submits meaningful reports to the AVP outlining the Division's performance on quality initiatives and provides action plan for any initiative not being met.
- Provides education to employees and Medical Staff and supports ongoing education related to Quality Program initiatives.
- Meets regularly with Practice Managers and encourages shared learning.
- Provides divisional support and leadership for all government payor initiatives including, but not limited to, the Medicare Access and Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (MACRA), the Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), and as applicable advanced alternative payment models such as Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC)+.
- Reviews complaints, concerns, or questions relative to quality issues, and provide consultative leadership and support to practices and Division personnel as appropriate and as directed by Division Vice President and Group Vice President.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality in the areas of patient, employee and physician relations.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree highly preferred
- 3-7 years relevant experience required.
- Active RN license as required by state of employment
Apply on company website