DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team!
Department: BMT Administration
Position Summary: The Admin Director Oncology Services provides direction and support for the on-going development of MountainView Hospital Oncology Services to include programmatic leadership of the Sarah Cannon BMT and Hematologic Malignancy services. This position is responsible for aligning multiple departments (Laboratory, Pathology. Surgery, Pharmacy, Imaging, BMT; Collections; Aphaeresis; Cellular Therapy Laboratory and Hematological Malignancy) and Quality in a common mission while fostering interdepartmental collaboration across the full continuum of care. Drives program performance while collaborating with Inpatient and Outpatient Nursing services. Interfaces and coordinates cooperatively with program components internal and external administrations and staff. Areas of responsibility include COC and FACT preparation; contracting; quality and compliance; program management; strategic development; marketing and outreach, and research. Reports to the Vice President of Operations and has administrative authority and responsibility for Programmatic Oncology Program and BMT and Hematologic Malignancy Program related services as well as financial performance.
Supervisor: VP Operations
- Program strategic planning, goal setting and business development.
- Ensures all aspects of Oncology Services are coordinated to produce quality patient care and attain maximum utilization of staff time and resources. Collaborates extensively with physicians; CxOs; administrative teams, and department leadership. Functions well in a matrix structure.
- Establish program vision, leadership, organization and operations oversight including administrative and fiscal policy development. Recommends improvement of hospital facilities in assigned areas, including construction and renovation of structures and purchase of new equipment and technologies. Ensures that the strategies, priorities and operations are aligned and complementary.
- Assure quality management plan is established with goal achievement documented and quality improvement processes identified.
- Encourages and assists department managers in establishing measures of performance including: Increased productivity, market share, quality improvement, cost controls and maximum utilization of facilities. Collaborates with Finance to review contractual arrangements and reimbursement opportunities. Advises Vice President and/or Chief Operating Officer where executive action is necessary to accomplish these goals.
- Develops forums for best practice development and knowledge sharing and ensures the managers have the necessary tools and information to manage effectively. Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures for all aspects of the program. Facilitates certification of personnel and provides for continuing education and training.
- Assures attainment and maintenance of program regulatory certification(s). Directs preparation process and on-going maintenance of standards for accreditation by the Committee on Cancer (COC), Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapies (FACT), CAP and FDA.
- Serves as a key participant in groups focused on Oncology services such as:
- Cancer Committee
- BMT Executive Committee
- BMT Quality Improvement
- BMT Tracking
- Hematological Oncology
- Research Department
- Cost Analysis and Billing
- Must learn and comply with facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
- Adheres to the HCA Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Director of Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
MountainView Hospital is a state-of-the-art, full-service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the valley. With a staff of more than 1,440 dedicated and talented employees, as well as more than 1,200 outstanding physicians at our 408-bed facility, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996.
MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children's Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement: MountainView Hospital is committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective health care in the community we serve.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
QualificationsEducation: Master's Degree required or enrolled in a Master's program within six months.
- Minimum of five years of progressive healthcare/hospital management experience required
- Demonstrated experience in program and staff management or administration 3-5 years
- Transplant and/or oncology experience required
- Detail oriented, analytical abilities and well organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website