DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes 166 hospitals and 114 outpatient centers in 20 states and England. At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be part of our Laboratory team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You will have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medical childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement.
The Manager, Laboratory Services is responsible for directing all technical aspects of the Laboratory. They will formulate technical goals, establish standards of practice and recommend policy that is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and corporate guidelines. They will administer the required initial and ongoing competency programs and ensure proper preparation for regulatory inspections. They are responsible for day to day supervision of the laboratory technical staff. The Manager will assume the responsibilities of the Director of Laboratory Services in his/her absence.
The Manager must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, and must possess the ability to assess data reflective of patient status, and interpret appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific need, and to provide the care needed as described in the department policies and procedures.
1. Act as a role model such that the operation of the department is consistent with the Vision and Mission Statements of the hospital.
2. Hires, trains, evaluates, coaches, counsels and disciplines employees as necessary. Participates in the development of position descriptions and performance standards.
3. Determines and maintains competency in an effective workforce .
4. Determines staff schedules and approves the use of overtime according to volume and type of workload.
5. Reviews and approves all payroll information.
6. Reviews purchasing, inventory control, and monthly financial statements for accuracy
7. Provides input for the department budget including justification for capital purchases.
8. Ensures subordinate attendance at department staff meetings and in house continuing education programs.
9. Prepares QA/QI reports; reviews QC Data and Proficiency Test surveys. Ensures that all corrective actions are appropriately documented.
10. Understands and maintains standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
11. Annually reviews and updates department specific procedure manuals. Ensures that medical director review occurs annually.
12. Assists department Meditech Superusers in optimizing workflow and charge capturing.
13. Trains frontline staff in Corporate Compliance Policies. Monitors performance and adherence to all policies.
14. Performs all duties of a staff medical technologist
15. Performs related responsibilities as required.
This position reports to: Director of Laboratory Services
HCA Far West
As part of a strong network of hospitals throughout California and Nevada, HCA Far West is committed to supporting its healthcare professionals and ensuring their growth.
Our exclusive and specialty medical services in nine hospitals and six surgical centers throughout two states, provides a full spectrum of primary, acute, tertiary and chronic care for our patients. Our specialized care areas focus on advancing the science of medicine while providing high quality, life-saving technology and patient-focused care.
MountainView Hospital is a state-of-the-art, full-service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the valley. With a staff of more than 1,440 dedicated and talented employees, as well as more than 1,200 outstanding physicians at our 408-bed facility, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996.
MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children's Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor of Science or Equivalent Degree. MT (ASCP) or equivalent credentials
- State of Nevada General Supervisor (within 6 months of hire date if not already licensed).
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a supervisor or in increasingly responsible positions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laboratory regulatory requirements
Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
Capable of developing and promoting innovative cost containment strategies while maintaining or improving the level of services provided.
Must have excellent English verbal and written skills including the ability to understand instruction and medical terms and to write procedures.
Must have manual dexterity necessary to use laboratory equipment and instrumentation and to perform skills requiring fine motor skills.
Must have visual and auditory acuity to use laboratory equipment and instrumentation safely and effectively and to evaluate data accurately
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website