Manages and performs accounting functions, conducts financial/statistical/analytical reviews, and prepares financial reports, statements, and presentations. Oversees and analyzes data for risk sharing arrangements. Collaborates with providers to answer questions and/or disputes regarding claims, enrollment, etc. Responsible for and reviews reports for state regulators. Communicates financial information to cross functional teams. Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, or related Business Degree
- 5 -7 years of financial analysis in healthcare industry
- Audit or related financial reporting experience
- Project management analysis experience
- Experience in fiscal data analysis and design
- Strong computer application experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master's degree preferred.
- Expert level competency in financial and statistical reporting.
- Expert level competency in design and preparation of spreadsheets and other financial reports.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Skill in the use of complex mathematical and statistical techniques to assess financial and statistical scenarios.
- Ability to utilize discretion and independent judgment to support the financial goals of the organization.
- Communicates information in a clear, concise, and easy to understand manner for use by internal and external groups.
- Responsible for analyzing data and statistics to identify trends and account variances. Provides explanation for variances.
- Manages and prepares accurate financial and statistical reports for internal and external use by government agencies, providers, auditors and third-party agencies.
- Direct and oversees the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements using generally accepted accounting principles.
- Performs or reviews general ledger account reconciliation reviews on a routine basis.
- Completes complex ad hoc reporting assignments.
- Oversees and reviews financial reporting performed by vendors and subcontractors.
- Responsible for maintaining expert knowledge in one or more specific areas of healthcare finance.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate financial data and statements for Leaders. Confirms accuracy of operating and financial reports.
- Partner closely with department directors, managers, and staff to analyze, develop, and recommend changes and/or enhancements that will improve processes and internal controls. Interprets data and records to upper management.
- Supervises and reviews subcontractor work to ensure accuracy and timely completion.
- Manages and coordinates information for external and internal audits.
- Analyses medical cost trends and presents finding to leadership team and providers.
- Participates with the development of operational strategic analysis in support of operations. Reviews and prioritize requests for financial analysis or reports. Initiate data request to appropriate data source.
- Ensures awareness and monitors the analysis of health care industry, market dynamics, trends, competitors, regulations, and managed health care environment in our primary, secondary, and global markets.
- Works with department leaders to forecast and measure actual financial impact of key operational changes and initiatives.
- Analyzes and collaborates with others in developing financial proformas for business opportunities.
- Reviews and approves all necessary operational policies and performance guidelines in collaboration with the Leader. Establishes a system to consistently monitor performance against established benchmarks under the direction of the leadership.
Apply on company website