Requisition 13145: Manager Fleet & Safety Services (Triple Crown)Job Description
Direct the company's safety program.
Provide leadership & direction to field & corporate managers and back up the Triple Crown Directors of Terminal Operations.
• Develop and implement safety policies and programs.
• Maintain safety/accident records and report trends to upper management.
• Direct and ensure compliance with Federal & State regulations, OSHA, Homeland Security, FAST program and Hazmat programs.
• Analyze data to determine cause of accidents, injuries and other losses and develop appropriate plans to reduce future risk.
• Maintain monthly accident frequency percentage.
• Responsible for hazardous material emergencies and fuel spills.
• Ensure the TCS fleet stays in compliance with current hazardous material regulations and testing.
• Oversee training programs for owner operators and dispatch.
• Update changes in Federal and State regulations.
• Control the owner operator qualification process as it relates to DOT requirements and TCS guidelines.
• Facilitate ongoing communication with recruiting, field managers and operations for owner operators who do not meet requirements.
• Provide back up for the Directors of Terminal Operations at the TCS terminals as necessary.
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: 10 years
• Bachelor's Degree
o Safety Management
o Hazardous Materials
Shift Work: Yes
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: 7-10 days/monthCompany Overview
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. In addition, the railroad operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a principal carrier of coal, automobiles, and automotive parts.
Norfolk Southern is an equal opportunity employer including veterans and disabled.
Apply on company website