Ref: PCN1202 IN-HOUSE VACANCY - INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY: Due to union restrictions, this position is only available to current employees of this school district for the first 7 days following the posted date. Applications submitted by job seekers not currently employed by the school district will not be considered during this time period.
Nutrition Services Assistant I
Nutrition Services Field Supervisor
WORK YEAR / HOURS
FSA 1 202 days/XXX hours
Rev: May 2008
Rev: June 2007
BASIC FUNCTION: Under the direction of a Nutrition Services Field Supervisor, perform food service activities related to the preparation, packaging and serving of foods while conforming to State and Federal meal program mandates; perform cashiering duties in the sale of food items; receive and account for money; issue, maintain and review records of student meal eligibility; maintain cleanliness of foodservice facilities;
Nutrition Services Assistant I - Incumbents perform basic routine food service activities.
Nutrition Services Assistant III – Incumbents perform more complex food services activities including assisting the Manager in determining quantities of food to prepare, adjusting recipes, procedures and methods, suggesting new menu items, supervising and training assistants, and operating the kitchen in the absence of the Manager.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: (Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but is intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements).
- Perform routine food service activities related to the preparation, packaging and serving of foods; cut, mix, wrap or package foods into appropriate serving portions; thaw frozen items, open cans and packages; prepare pans for cooking and heating; wash fruits and vegetables.
- Perform cashiering duties in the sale of food items; receive and account for money; check off the names of students served meals; operate point-of-service devices and collect money for ala carte items as assigned.
- Prepare food service facilities for the serving of food; assure that serving lines are properly stocked with adequate food, beverages and supplies; count and set out food trays; heat items and serve meals to students and faculty.
- Count and maintain inventory records and notify the supervisor of needed supplies; assist in storing unused food and supplies to assure compliance with health and sanitation standards; dispose of unusable leftovers and trash.
- Operate a variety of standard kitchen equipment such as knives, food warmer, cash register, slicer, grater, mixer, steamer, dishwasher, and ovens as required.
- Maintain work areas and serving areas in a clean, sanitary and safe condition; wash and clean counters and tables; wash and store equipment, pots, pans, trays and other foodservice items.
- Assist other Nutrition Services personnel with cooking and baking activities as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Nutrition Services Assistant I & III: Any combination of education, training and/or experience equivalent to: experience to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed and a 60% passing score on the designated basic skills test.
- Nutrition Services Assistant III: Three years of Nutrition Services experience
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Nutrition Services Assistant I & III
- Employment eligibility may include fingerprints, Tuberculosis and/or other employment clearance.
- Nutrition Services Assistant III
- Valid Food Safety Certificate
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements
- Sanitation practices related to handling and serving food
- Basic math and cashiering skills
- Basic record-keeping techniques
- Proper lifting techniques
- Prepare and serve food in accordance with health and sanitation regulations
- Learn and follow health and sanitation requirements
- Use tact, patience, courtesy, basic customer service and interpersonal skills
- Maintain food service equipment and areas in a clean and sanitary condition
- Operate a computerized point-of-service device and make change accurately
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately
- Wash, cut, slice, grate, mix and assemble food items and ingredients
- Learn, apply and explain policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work cooperatively with others
- Work in a school environment
Food services environment; heat from ovens and cold from refrigerators and freezers; exposure to cleaning chemicals; exposure to sharp knives and slicers.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate kitchen utensils and equipment and computerized point-of-service devices; seeing to clean assigned areas and work with forms and computers; bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to clean assigned areas; reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally; standing for extended periods of time; lifting and carrying moderately heavy objects of 25 lbs or less (occasionally 50 lb items will be lifted and carried by two employees).
Apply on company website