DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus Available!
We are seeking a hospital-based Medical Technologist like you to join our organization at Ocala Regional Medical Center.
Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, a 256- bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 174-bed hospital located in west Marion County, Summerfield ER, a freestanding emergency department located in southern Marion County, and Maricamp ER, a freestanding emergency department located on Maricamp Road in Ocala. Ocala Regional Medical Center is a Level II Trauma Center and the regions only Comprehensive Stroke Center.
We offer you competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
- Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing
- Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
- Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (Including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
- Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories
- Maintain education and development appropriate for position
- Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results
QualificationsYou Should Have:
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree is required
- A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is preferred
- A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- A minimum 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website