Ochsner Health is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Occupational Medicine physician. Ochsner Health is an integrated healthcare system with more than 36,000 employees and over 4,600 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It operates 47 hospitals and more than 370 health and urgent care centers across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Gulf South.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
100% clinical position
- Primary role as Occ Health clinical provider for Ochsner clients and employees
- Collaboration with OH Medical Director on standardization of clinical practices across Ochsners Occupational Health Clinics
- Broad scope of clinical services from physical exams, acute work injury, and case management for sub-acute or chronic injury care
- Establish metrics on productivity and quality of care
- Some engagement with Ochsners TPA and employee health team to help with employee case management issues and mitigate workers compensation costs
- Potential collaboration with Business Development to market services to existing and new clients
- Duties are subject to change
Clinical training in Occupational Medicine preferred OR Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine with experience in Occupational Medicine
Board Certified or Board Eligible in Occupational and Environmental Medicine helpful, but not required
DOT and MRO certification (or obtain within 6 months of start)
Knowledge of medical surveillance, health risk assessment, return to work evaluations and Injury prevention helpful, but not required
Experience with Workers Compensation case management and disability benefits helpful, but not required
Knowledge of OEM-related laws and regulations, including OSHA, Workers Comp, EPA, ADA, FMLA and DOT helpful, but not required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website