The Senior Manager - Diagnostics & eTools will maximize the diagnostic capabilities of Penske Truck Leasing. They will maintain our diagnostic tablet system, our primary diagnostic tool, along with implementing new processes to help make the repair process more effective.
• Research and collaborate in the design of, deployment, and maintenance of the health of diagnostic tablets, our primary diagnostic tool
• Collaborate with key vendors to design and implement diagnostic software that makes the repair process more effective and more efficient for our technicians
• Manage licensing agreements with OEMs and suppliers
• Manage and continually improve a call center staffed with expert diagnostic technicians
• Provide key information to technicians at the point of repair through Penske's Knowledge Base program
• Other projects and tasks as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Industrial Engineering preferred
• 10+ years of experience in team leadership
• Six Sigma experience preferred
• Understanding of diagnostics and repairs with all types of powertrains
• Experience working with teams outside of the organization
• Effective communication skills in all mediums
• Project Management experience
• Ability to hold suppliers accountable
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Apply on company website