PAGNY andNYC Health + Hospitals/Sydenhamstaff partner to provide multiple programs in the community including the Babygram Program, Developmental Evaluation Clinic, HIV/Aids Program and The Diabetic Learning and Support Program.
The Adult Psychiatrist in the Behavioral Health Department is a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and in coordination with the team provides treatment to children, adolescents, and adults according to OMH, Network and the Profession's standards. The Psychiatrist reports to the Chief of Psychiatry and is under the supervision of both the Chief of Psychiatry and the Chief Medical Officer/Designee. This position is mainly for an adult psychiatrist. It is a plus if the psychiatrist is comfortable seeing children.
- Conducts comprehensive initial assessments to patients with Mental Health and/or Co-Occurring disorders and where indicated includes the family members and/or significant others to assess the care needs of the patient. This includes but is not limited to: health screening, educational, work, legal and psychiatric history, diagnosis and plan for treatment. Assessments are conducted according to OMH, Network and Professional standards and requirements.
- Acts as the team leader for assigned HR patients and follows the patient in accordance to policy. Prioritizes the scheduling and care of assigned HR patients and the HR patients of the Clinic.
- Communicates with hospital emergency department MD to facilitate transfer when patient is assessed to be at risk for dangerous behavior with regard to self or others. Communicates with inpatient MDs, providing clinical information during the hospital stay. Documents al encounters in the EMR.
- Provides psychopharmacologic management and supportive psychotherapy at required productivity levels. Calls insurance companies for authorization for medication when required.
- Supervises other clinical staff as required.
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the treatment team.
- Works as an integral member of the mental health team.
- Provide collaborative care for patients with mental health disorders.
- Graduated from approved Medical School
- Completion of approved residency in the specialty and board eligible
- Licensed to practice in New York State
- Experience in the field of specialty
- Acceptance to the Medical Board of Hospital.
- NYS license as Physician
- Bilingual/Spanish extremely helpful
Should you be interested in learning more about this opportunity, or know someone who maybe interested, please contact:
PAGNY and NYC Health + Hospitals/Sydenham staff partner to provide multiple programs in the community including the Babygram Pr...
Apply on company website