NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings Countyoperates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in the borough, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island. NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County maintains close relationships with NYC Health + Hospitals diagnostic, post-acute, and long-term care centers. The hospital is academically affiliated withSUNY Downstate Medical Center.Responsibilities:
Oversees themanagement of theexistinginpatientperitoneal dialysisservice and the newoutpatientperitoneal dialysis program.
Management of any new or urgent start peritoneal dialysis inpatients toincludecoordinating withvariouscare teams whenappropriateto helpensure peritoneal dialysis success.
Continuedon going careofpatient in the chronicambulatory programwith the peritonealdialysisnurse.
Thepositionof thePhysicianAssistant consistsofproviding advanced evidenced-based care andtreatment to patients including butnotlimited to the following:
- Comprehensivepatienteducation regarding renalreplacementtherapies in conjunction withnephrologyteampatient
- Identifiespotentialcandidatesfor home peritoneal dialysis
- Perform patientevaluationfor peritoneal dialysissuitability
- Communicateswithcare teams regarding patient preference renal replacement therapy.
- New York State Physician Assistant License
- NCCPA board certification or eligibility
- DEA prescribing license
- ACLS life support certification or eligible to obtain
- Post-graduate (Masters degree) preferred
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in the borough, which se...
Apply on company website