PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women's health, urgent care and emergency services.
The Financial Navigator will combine the clinical needs of the patient with the patient's financial circumstances improving financial communication between provider and patient. They will ensure compliance with contract billing requirements, optimize the patients' health insurance coverage, as well as securing external assistance programs. The Financial Navigator is responsible for navigating patients through the appropriate financial arrangements to avoid bad debt to the patient and PIH. They will monitor and pursue denials to reduce financial burden.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound decision making and prioritization skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to learn new systems, become proficient in development of reports via hospital systems and tools provided, proficient in excel and word document for appeal submission to payers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately. Strong verbal and written skills.
- Results oriented professional management skills. Good mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with patients, healthcare providers and insurance company.
- Interacts regularly with Oncology Program team and the hospital
- Stringent adherence to all privacy policies and procedures and as required by state and federal law including and not limited to the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules
- Demonstrate flexibility in adapting to change.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving. The ability to act and decide accordingly.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in medical billing, front office and/or hospital registration/admitting
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in insurance verification and/or front office, medical/hospital billing
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge of eligibility requirements for Medi-Cal, Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Program, Medicare, Covered California, Cobra, limited benefit plans, VVC and Uncompensated Care Programs. IPA knowledge.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology
- Evidence of continuing education in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Prior experience in Oncology setting
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on company website