We're looking for a full-time
Post-Acute Care Physician
PIH Health is a nonprofit health and wellness network serving Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Our integrated system consists of 747 beds at two acute care hospitals and a multi-specialty medical group, Family Medicine and DO residency programs, hospice, home health and a wide range of other services. In response to this growth, we have an immediate opening for a full-time Post-Acute Care Physician.
About the Opportunity:
The Physician for Post-Acute Care Services, is responsible for the medical integrity, quality, and execution of the Post-Acute Care Services Program. The physician is involved in working collectively to connect those services to other PIH Health programs/services where the synergy and complementary nature of such services reach the goals and mission of PIH Health. This is done by collaborating with the PIH Health clinical leadership team in the development and implementation of the Program from a population health perspective with the goal of providing the maximum amount of care in the community and keeping patients out of the hospital.
Additionally provides input with capital budget preparation and advises the management on issues related to the Program. The physician provides professional medical direction, education to peers and staff, as well as acts as a resource to the Hospital's Administration, Medical Staff, and community as it relates to the Program.
The Physician for Post-Acute Care Services reports directly to the Vice President of Medical Group Operations, who reports directly to the hospital's Chief Medical Officer or Chief Executive Officer.
To be successful in this position, you'll need the following:
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of California and in good standing with the Medical Board of California.
- Achieve and maintain Hospital medical staff membership and clinical privileges.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School.
- Current Board Certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine is highly desirable.
- At least five (5) years of clinical practice in hospice, palliative care, chronic care management.
- At least five (5) years clinical practice as a family/internal medicine physician.
- Organizational skills and personal leadership qualities including tact and diplomacy, necessary to coordinate all aspects of the program and to integrate the efforts of the hospital and medical staff.
With the sun shining nearly every day, life has more balance. Whether
you're interested in surfing, skiing, hiking, biking, art or culture, it can
all be in your backyard.
Find out why physicians commit to work for PIH Health:
PIH Health Physician Recruitment
Contact us for more information at
562-698-0811 Ext. 81030
Submit CVs to Erica.Taylor2@pihhealth.org
Apply on company website