pOpshelf's mission is to make every day special by providing shoppers a stress-free shopping destination for everyday items and those special things that make living better. With most items priced under $5, in addition to a complement of extreme value items priced above $5, we make it easy for consumers to stay within their budget while treating themselves at the same time! pOpshelf offers a fun, on-trend and rotating selection of seasonal, houseware, home décor, health and beauty products, home cleaning supplies and paper products and party goods in addition to candy & snacks, toys, games and electronics, among other items. As part of our fun and customer-centered team, you help us create an experience that enables our customers to easily find the items they need and have fun finding the things they want. You are part of creating an atmosphere that is relaxed and comfortable through your approachability and eye for displaying a fresh assortment of practical basics and unique, on-trend products.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise presentation guides.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and practices.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory experience (or related experience/training) preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as hand-held scanner, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money and occasionally attend training meetings.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Exposure to strong scents and fragrances
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet floor surfaces.
- Occasionally exposed to household and industrial cleaning solutions.
pOpshelf is an equal opportunity employer
LEAD TEAM MEMBER GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Lead Team Member helps maintain a clean, well-organized store and helps create a customer first store culture through exceptional store standards. The duties of the Lead Team Member include assisting customers in locating and purchasing merchandise, operating a cash register, stocking and recovering merchandise, cleaning the store, and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Team Leader to maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets. Lead Team Members perform the duties of a Team Member and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Store Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides superior customer service to exceed the customer's expectations
- Model product knowledge and selling techniques to enhance the customer experience
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized store environment that delights our customers and employees.
- Assists in merchandising the store in a manner that is appealing to customers and retains customer excitement to shop at popshelf℠.
- With the assistance of Company merchandising guidelines, rotates product to create eye-catching displays to drive sales.
- Completes daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities to provide a superior customer shopping experience.
- Ensure store condense and reset standards are maintained consistently each day to provide a clutter free customer shopping experience.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications
- Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer's purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as necessary.
- Assist customers in self-checkout process at multiple register terminals simultaneously.
- Clean the store; take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom; and help set up sidewalk displays.
- Open and close the store under specific direction of the Store Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader in the Store Team Leader's absence.
- Additional duties that may be necessary in the absence of the Store Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader
Apply on company website