Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThis position ensures accurate and complete physician referrals to be processed in timely manner. This position works closely with management, nursing, physicians, to capture all incoming and out going referrals. Maintains customer service and teamwork goals within the department. Can assume decision making responsibilities as directed by manager/supervisor. Requires a high level of public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Obtain and/or assign referrals for new patients coming into the office as well as maintaining referrals for existing patients.
- Participate in insurance training sessions to increase knowledge and maintain compliance with guidelines. Learn insurance rules and regulations as it relates to federal, state, and managed care payers in multiple states.
- Maintain and/or request and receive authorizations for patients for procedures in office and for those procedures that are referred outside the office.
Provide documentation when needed to support procedures referred out.
Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides information promptly and courteously to patients and providers offices.
Assist patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
Schedules in office & out going procedure appointments.
Maintains appointment schedules in accordance with established policies
Supports front desk & Unit Secretary as needed
Supports Admissions counselor & Accounts Specialist as needed.
This is a non-management job that report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent
Experience - 2 years - Experience required in any of the following: admissions, physician office, billing company or insurance company. Medical Terminology required.
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Listed Above
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with Epic preferred
- Previous experience with referral via electronic medical records preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of office equipment
- Proficient computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database)
- Data entry
- Mathematical skills
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationCross Creek Medical Campus
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department10367503 Social Work-CPM
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website