Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThis position performs duties necessary to treat patients in accordance with the physician's order and departmental policy. Works independently in all Intensive Care units and critical care settings. Consults with physicians and other personnel and makes recommendations on treatment as appropriate. Must possess skills necessary to treat patients of all ages to include infants, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Acts independently to perform respiratory therapy general and critical care procedures in accordance with the physician's order, departmental policy, and Respiratory Care guidelines or protocols.20%
- May assists with training of students, new team members, and other team members. 10%
- Able to obtain blood gasses from all sites. Analyzes and reports results accurately. 10%
- Able to initiate and manage all types of airways and associated equipment.10%
- Accurately and completely documents and charges for assigned and unnassigned respiratory care procedures and tasks and provides patient and family education as appropriate. 10%
- Effectively communicates with all members of the healthcare team. Provides an accurate and complete report. Makes recommendations as appropriate. Communicates well with supervisors, coordinators, or those acting in lieu of the above. 20%
- Able to initiate, monitor and manage patients requiring all types of invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation 20%
- Adheres to infection control and quality initiatives. Performs appropriate cleaning/disenfection and sterilization of equipment between patients as indicated by equipment type and isolation status. 10%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
Graduate of a school for Respiratory Therapy approved by the American Medical Association or a successor accrediting authority
- Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in South Carolina
- BLS . NBRC credentials must be maintained.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- NRP and PALS required in the Children's Hospital prior to working independently in the NICU and PICU.
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
Work ShiftVariable (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department10087143 Childrens Hospital-Respiratory
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website