Mechanical Tradesman - Millwright Job Description At Richardson, the work we do is essential. Every day, we work together to ensure a steady food supply for people around the world. They count on us to perform our roles consistently and responsibly. For this important reason, we are committed to remaining operational throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. As always, we maintain a strong focus on safety and quality assurance.
For more information about how we are taking additional precautions to protect the health and well-being of our candidates, colleagues, and customers, visit our Career Opportunities page.
At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. For over 160 years, Richardson has been dedicated to Canadian agriculture. Recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing, Richardson is one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. Richardson has approximately 3,000 employees across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. At Richardson, we are committed to enhancing our facilities and services and investing in our people and our communities.
Richardson operates port terminals from coast to coast across Canada and exports Canadian-grown grains and oilseeds to end-use markets in over 50 countries around the globe.
We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Tradesman - Millwright at our Richardson Port Terminal located along the waterfront in North Vancouver, BC. This is an opportunity to work at one of the most successful grain handling facilities in the world, which exports canola and cereal grains to countries along the Pacific Rim. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will provide journeyman level repair, maintenance and installation of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment in a heavy industrial unionized environment.
- Completes regular preventative maintenance on all mechanical equipment according to established schedules and procedures
- Troubleshoots, fabricates, repairs and installs mechanical equipment/parts in accordance with established procedures
- Participates in training related to this position including sheet metal modules
- Operates in accordance with health, safety, and fire prevention regulations and practices
- Provides assistance to other Maintenance team members
- Responds to after-hours emergency calls on a rotational basis
- Strong work ethic with focus on working safety while completing all tasks
- Millwright ticket with Red Seal
- Journeyman Millwright Certificate or Inter-provincial certification under the Red Seal Program
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn in-house system
- Must be capable of lifting and stacking 50 lbs without assistance
- Demonstrate organizational skills and personal initiative
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and a proven safety record
- Ability to work in conditions such as confined spaces, heights, dust and temperature extremes
- Ability to work shift work, scheduled shutdowns and respond to Emergency Call-Ins
- Experience as a Millwright in a heavy industrial environment
- Ability to read and work from blue prints
- Sheet metal mechanical skills or an interest to learn aspects of sheet metal mechanic duties
- Any other mechanical trades, fabricator would be considered an asset
Interested candidates should click the Apply icon to apply online. Candidates may be asked to participate in competency examinations and/or skill tests to assist in determining required qualifications.
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan and training and career development opportunities.
Richardson International values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
Apply on company website