We are currently hiring a Entry Level Diesel Mechanic in Orlando, Florida!
Sign-On Bonus: $3500
Hourly: $20.00-24.50 per hour paid weekly
Hours: 3:30 PM - 12:00 AM
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K etc. within first 30 Days
- Certification Bonus of $100 for each New ASE Certification Obtained up to $700
- Paid Time off Starts Accruing at DAY ONE with 80 hours per year
- 401 K offers a company match
- HIGH VALUED Stock at 15 % Employee Discount
- PPE, UNIFORMS, AND BOOT ALLOWANCE PROVIDED
For more information text "ORLANDO" to Shannon at 904-728-5319 for more info!
Under close supervision, the Entry Level Diesel Technician position performs minor to average routine maintenance and repair services on different types of vehicles.
Works with the assistance of other levels of technicians when performing highly technical and superior diagnostic type repairs. Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage development in a productive manner.
The T2 Technician performs minor to average repairs and routine maintenance under limited supervision. The T2 may be assigned to work/train directly with a T3 or T4.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Valid CDL (license A) is highly desired; mandatory in some locations
- Must possess state license as required
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs standard component inspections and repairs
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Diagnoses standard mechanical and electronic problems, utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
- Identifies root cause of basic failures/conditions and perform repairs as required
- Replaces defective components as instructed
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Performs other support duties as required to support operations. These could include but are not limited to Service Island support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-FL-ORLANDO
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (9/9/2022 2:42 PM)
Requisition ID 2022-125433
Category Technicians/Service Employees
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 1000120
Apply on company website