SAIC is seeking a Junior Instrument Operations Engineer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located at Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) working with the Mission Operations Support Team (MOST).
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) next generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA's mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation's economy and protect lives and property.
This is a Junior engineering role with the following responsibilities:
- Support JPSS-2 Launch as a Mission Operations Support Team (MOST) instrument engineer
- Support operational product development and testing for the assigned instrument
- Review and update recommended operations procedures as needed for the assigned instrument
- Manage post-launch tests for the assigned instrument
- Generate and review on-orbit commanding for the assigned instrument
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Science
- Must be able to pass a Government background investigation.
- Able to support shift work during Launch and testing campaigns
- MS Office skills
- One to three years of satellite operations experience
- Previous experience/proficiency with tools/languages such as STK, MATLAB, ECLIPSE, CECIL and Perl
- Experience with prelaunch campaigns and launch and early orbit operations
Apply on company website