SAIC currently has an opening for a Purchasing Assistant/Storefront Clerk. Location is Schofield Barracks, HI. This is an entry level temporary-to-potentially full-time regular employment status.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This Purchasing Assistant position requires heavy phone work and emails including calling suppliers and expediting requests for quote (RFQ) responses and purchase order (PO) shipments.
- Provide quality customer support and customer assistance.
- The Purchasing Assistant will process vendor acknowledgements, collect and review requested vendor PO documentation, close out purchase orders, receipt and cross dock administrative functions and post other information into our purchasing system.
- Will review and resolve shipping and payroll discrepancies; assist buyers, storefront personnel, program managers and other team members.
- Will perform data entry, run status reports, file, customer checkouts and perform other general administrative and storefront duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School and 0 years related experience.REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Experience in purchasing activities, i.e., supplier/vendor expediting, RFQs, follow-up with requests, and resolving shipping discrepancies is a plus
- Must possess good oral and written communications skills
- Position requires good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a busy environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is a must
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Apply on company website