SAIC is looking for a Quality Assurance Inspector. Select candidate will support our modification and integration effort for military rolling platforms and sub-assemblies. The candidate may also support testing of platform and sub-assemblies.
This position requires a sense of urgency, attention to detail, flexibility within constraints of defined processes, ability to multi-task and the ability to work independently.
The ideal candidate must be motivated with the ability to work to assigned deadlines and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Candidate will be required to follow all safety and environmental policies and programs; must be able to use personal safety devices as required by company policy as well as reporting any activities that could be detrimental to safety and/or the loss of productivity; report any injuries when they occur. Must be willing to cross-train into other areas as required to meet production schedules and/or manufacturing needs.
Tasking will include, but not be limited to:
- Audit in-process and final product to identify defects pertaining to cosmetics, safety, part presence, and operation.
- Internally audit processes and work instructions on the assembly line as required.
- Lead or assist in investigation and containment when safety and quality issues are found.
- Ensure rejected material is processed and appropriately segregated from good products.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual checks; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual, measurement ad functional tests, returning products for re-work and confirming re-work.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizing re-work and inputting data into quality database.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are being complied with.
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Implement root cause analysis and corrective actions to correct quality issues.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Management to resolve quality related issues
- Assist in the development of quality procedures.
- Read and interpret blueprint and product specifications.
- Assist in the development of quality plans for new production development items
- Ensure measurement tools are properly calibrated.
- Flexible to perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is a plus.
- Possess a good work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions and duties as assigned.
- Good manual dexterity is required and some lifting will be needed.
- Reading comprehension skills to understand written instructions, manuals, and work orders.
- Mathematical skill to perform basic calculations.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and even-tempered.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Understanding the ISO 9001 inspection standard or equivalent is a plus. This will also be helpful for determining and recording Root-cause, Preventative and Corrective Actions and working with the team to resolve these issues that may come up during production.
- Should be able to read/write the English language.
Apply on company website