SAIC is seeking an outstanding individual contributor to work in a team environment with the ability to understand client business needs and strategic direction.
This individual will partner with client areas within United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Production and Conservation (FPAC) to understand their unique business needs and IT Investment details, providing aid and direction to agency leaders requesting IT project spend within the USDA Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and other Information Technology (IT) Governance-related disciplines. The candidate will display a high level of professionalism at all times.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills to include business writing. Experience developing relationships with and communicating with multiple levels of IT and business staff. Working knowledge of financial management. Project management techniques and methods is a plus.
- Support agency governance board meetings and assist in the development and maintenance of governance policies, charters, processes, roles, responsibilities, tools, and templates
- Develop meeting agendas, prioritize agenda backlog, draft minutes, other meeting material, and talking points as requested
- Tracking agenda items, governance boards decisions, and action items
- Develop governance board training as needed
- Develop and maintain agency governance SharePoint
- Develop in depth knowledge of assigned client business areas and create enduring relationships with federal clients to become a trusted advisor providing support of initiative requests
- Support business units in defining, compiling and submitting annual IT budget requests
- Attend investment review meetings and track approved, denied and on-hold initiatives
- Review Excel reports from budgeting groups regarding initiatives
- Compare multiple iterations of initiatives report
- Processing initiative requests related to supporting business requests
- Financial analysis of complex budgeting data
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years Budget/Financial Management, Business Analysis or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with databases and large data sets
- Ability to quickly switch tasks, multi-task, be highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to adapt communication style to effectively work with multiple levels within an organization
- Experience preparing high visibility, executive level presentation materials
- The ability to determine course of action to solve various roadblocks processing initiative requests related to supporting business requests
- Knowledge of financial planning and analysis, budgeting
- Ability to pass a government background investigation for public trust positions
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and/or MS Access skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS SharePoint
- Extensive program and project management methodologies
- PMP certification
Apply on company website