SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Principal Systems Certification Engineer to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed in Dahlgren, VA and will allow for some telework from the local area.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in Fall 2023.
Job Summary: The successful candidate must be familiar with combat systems operation and performance specifications and will apply systems analysis and operational procedures to complex operational systems in a broad area such as requirements development, engineering, interface design, systems operations, and interoperability. Position requires competence in operational techniques and familiarity with management practices. Good interpersonal and communications required! Applicant will be working closely with persons from many Branches and Disciplines and will be required to make his findings clear to all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in formulating requirements; advise on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised systems; identify omissions and errors in requirements.
• Assist in the development of system design for approved projects. Interpret information and informally arbitrate between system users when conflicts exist.
• Provide engineering assessments of integrating new or revised components into existing combat systems baselines using standard analysis tools for compliance and/or deviation from published specifications.
• Review existing or planned integration test initiatives and determine if the current plans can satisfy operational requirements, provide an assessment of the deltas (differences), the risks associated with the deltas, and recommend a path for resolution.
• Conduct research in a field or specialization of a scientific or operational discipline to discover facts or perform research directed toward investigation, evaluation, and application of known scientific, mathematical, or operational theories and principles.
• Evaluate and develop new concepts, or processes.
• Prepare or review technical reports for use by engineering, operational, or management personnel for long and short range planning or for use by personnel in technical services activities.
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelors and ten (10) years general experience
- Ten (10) years specific experience with emphasis in one or more of the following:
- Combat Systems Cyber Security, Ships Self Defense System, Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) class, AEGIS Integrated Combat Systems, DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer, Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense and Weapon/Sensor Combat Systems to conduct and coordinate individual projects.
- Experience coordinating development activities associated with engineering systems, capabilities, and activities
- Experience in functional and system level requirements analysis, requirements generation and technical community review.
- Analysis experience involving Data Analysis and subsequent reporting for Naval Combat Systems and Subsystems in general, and Aegis Combat and Weapons systems specifically.
- Windows and Microsoft Office experience: Create, modify, review and report Spreadsheets, Documents and Presentations.
- Experience across the full system lifecycle.
- Comprehensive understanding of systems development lifecycle and systems engineering role throughout lifecycle.
- Able to effectively mentor junior SE practitioners and guide them through their own career development.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website