To assist supervisors with monitoring the floor within the Heatset department.
Essential Duties: (Considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge and responsibility)
· Complete HS daily audit
· Communicate and work closely with Reliability Technicians to ensure machines are running properly.
· Fill in as a back up for suessen operators when needed.
· Assist with winding operator breaks.
· Fill in as Supervisor when needed.
· Assist with FDB meetings.
· Patrol Heatset throughout the shift and report any issues to the Supervisor
· Monitor safety in the department and ensure that heatset operators are working safely and following correct procedures.
· Assist with incident investigations when required.
· Assist with Safety Committee Meetings.
· Collect all heatset threadwaste and enter into the MRM system at the end of the shift
· Collect all YOT non-conforming product throughout the shift and determine if rework can be done. If not, enter into the MRM system.
· Champion waste on the shift and investigate high waste causes
· Assist with changeovers.
· Monitor new associate training and communicate progress to Supervisor and Training Facilitator.
· Assist OJTs when needed
· Lead initiatives in Safety, Quality, Production and Waste
· Complete all necessary paperwork including new hire information,and trainee evaluations.
· Perform any other related duties as requested by Supervisor
Non Essential Duties: (Considering job knowledge, job environment, effort, manipulative skill, judgment, safety knowledge and responsibility)
· General housekeeping to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Perform other duties as directed by supervisor or plant management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Must be able to read, write, and perform basic math.
· High School Diploma or GED Required
· Experience in carpet manufacturing preferred.
· Must have working computer experience.
Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry loads of up to 50 pounds without assistance.
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, grasp and reach frequently.
Must be able to work with hands/arms extended overhead.
Must be able to climb stairs and ladders repeatedly.
Must be able to work in industrial environment with elevated noise levels, dust, dirt, humidity and temperature variations.
Must participate in pre-shift stretching exercises and mid-shift stretching exercises.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, supervisors and associates.
· Must be able to work well under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines.
Must be able to comply with all plant policies.
Must be able to read and analyze reports and information.
Must be able to work in various situations and with management.
Must be able to recognize various types of defects.
· Must be able to perform tasks quickly and safely.
· Must have a working knowledge of all job functions in the department in order to provide direction and leadership.
Safety & Security Requirements:
Always wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for a task.
Always be cautious of lift trucks traveling throughout the plants.
Immediately report any and all quality, safety, or mechanical issues to the supervisor on duty.
Hair must be worn above collar length.
Keep all loose articles away from machinery.
Practice general housekeeping and keep work areas clean.
Always use proper lifting techniques.
Report any injuries to your supervisor or nurse immediately.
Observe all plant policies including but not limited to cutting policy, speed limit policy, and tobacco use policy.
12 hours, night shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website