Job Location:Corporate Indianapolis
The primary purpose of the Area Franchise Manager provides leadership and direction to a group of company-owned Starbucks and/or mall foods franchise stores. This position contributes to Simon's success by leading store operations and directing Store Managers to ensure compliance with applicable policies, practices, and objectives as well as to create a positive experience for customers. The Area Franchise Manager ensures that each Store Manager upholds the standards and reputation of the Starbucks and Mall Foods brand while enhancing customer satisfaction and Company profitability. The incumbent assists with selection of new Store Managers and is responsible for Store Manager onboarding, training, certification, development and retention and for ensuring that all stores operate within established guidelines. This position reports to the Director of Franchise Operations and is based in the Indianapolis Corporate Office.
- The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assists Director of Franchise Operations with business planning, budgeting, forecasting, strategy, corporate reporting and special projects as needed.
- Directly responsible for managing approved budgets, implementing approved operating strategies and executing sales and marketing programs to meet or exceed annual sales targets for a specified group of stores.
- Supervises Store Managers and maintains communication with them regarding the quality of their operations. Provides direction for improving operational performance.
- Executes and manages regular on-site evaluations of the service and quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction and adherence to Starbucks and/or mall foods requirements.
- Represents licensee/franchisee (Simon) and works with store level Starbucks and/or mall foods District Managers on individual store sales and operating plans.
- Leads existing teams and efforts to recruit and onboard new talent to increase the organization's excellence and capabilities. Directs Store Managers with the on-going development of Assistant Managers, Shift Supervisors and Baristas to ensure “bench strength” and to manage succession planning in all stores.
- Works with internal and external resources to enforce government requirements, health and safety codes, food brand inspection standards and company policies, procedures and standards that apply to the conduct of business. Ensures appropriate equipment maintenance and sanitation standards.
- Supports implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote Simon Property Group (and Starbucks and other franchises) key messages and achieve a competitive advantage.
- Regularly analyzes a variety of financial, operational and other informational reports and interprets data to identify trends or potential problems and recommends corrective actions or solutions.
- Applies knowledge and learning of business functions to include retail, operations, marketing, accounting, sales, human resources, margins, etc.
- High level understanding of retail operations including the ability to drive sales, manage inventories, control cost of goods sold, manage labor margins and affect profitability.
- Employee supervisory experience with strong leadership capabilities to facilitate training and to implement operating strategies through long-distance communication and supervision.
- Financial analysis and basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience and proven track record in managing budgets, implementing cost controls and driving profitability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Disciplined time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills and judgment.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Ability and willingness to communicate with and/or respond to direct reports during non-standard business hours as needed (i.e. evenings and weekends).
- General computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and store point of sale systems.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, restaurant management, food service operations or related field OR retail management, business management, marketing or related field
- Three years restaurant management or operations experience.
- Proven track record and success managing multiple units/stores.
- Combination of both front of the house and heart of the house management experience.
Apply on company website