Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
In Smiths Medical, one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, we touch the lives of millions of people every day. Our colleagues are focused on providing innovative, lifesaving solutions for patients around the world.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
- Perform and initiate sales activities within assigned territory in order to achieve budgets as set out by management
- Provide sales support to existing accounts and seek out new business opportunities within designated territory
- Make presentations to Doctors, Nurses, Product Evaluation Committee and other hospital personnel
- Keep informed of new developments in territory, anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business
- Monitor competitor activity and competitors' product
- Provide reports to Regional Sales Manager on: Targets, weekly call reports, competitive information/ activities and pricing issues.
- Submit all requested reports in a timely manner
- Provide regular expense reports to accounting to meet processing timeframes.
- Participate in company meetings, technical data presentations and sales training
- Attend conferences as assigned, and act as "Booth Boss“ as directed by Marketing
- Respond appropriately to customer complaints and follow up with correct procedure
- Respond to customer requests for product, pricing information and service
- Work with Contract Administrator to ensure all contracts, RFP's and quotes are up to date an submitted in a timely fashion
- Ensure ongoing product knowledge and competency through continuing education as provided by Sales Training
- Post Secondary Education Certificate (college) or University Degree
- Allied Medical experience
- 3 years sales experience preferably in medical products or pharmaceuticals
- Basic knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology; with some knowledge of clinical disease states
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with customers
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Self driven, results oriented with positive outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professional communications skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to travel
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Apply on company website