A Highly Visible Role in the Hospital
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM)
Serve as a process improvement leader who can extend Sounds reach across hospital teams
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team's support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of inpatient medicine and advisory experience required. Board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP - Hospitalist, emergency medicine, or intensivist experience preferred.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance, paid CME time off, and a comprehensive training and onboarding program
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.Location and Lifestyle
Redding has been named a "Top 10 Fishing Town in North American" by Forbes Magazine and named an "Unofficial Capital of Kayaking" by Time Magazine. The San Francisco Chronicle hails Redding as the "Gem of the U.S. Trail System known as the trail capital of California. With over 300 days of Sunshine, Redding is the 2nd Sunniest city in the US. The Sundial Bridge is one of the largest working sundials in the world and serves as a pedestrian bridge over the Sacramento River in the heart of Redding. The bridge is world-famous and a California Icon. The city boasts more than 600 square miles of State and National Parks and Forests open to public access. Redding has a strong business economy and home to one of the largest commercial fly distributors/fly fishing businesses in the world. The city is alive with cultural events and is home to the Cascade Theatre, the finest Cinema House in Northern California.A Highly Visible Role in the HospitalFor those co...
Apply on company website