DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. With 171 beds, the hospital's comprehensive services include advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock—the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County—with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park. St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from Healthgrades and also earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Scheduler will be responsible for scheduling all patient procedures, obtaining complete and accurate demographic and insurance information and accurately entering all mandatory information. The scheduler will accurately process and manage faxed requests in a prompt manner and according to policy. The scheduler will provide instructions to patients and physician's office staff on test preparation and registration information. The Scheduler will establish and maintain a working knowledge and vocabulary of all procedures scheduled and systems including but not limited to: Meditech, Orders Management System/Fax Servers, Call Center Equipment (phones, etc.), fax machines, printers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone in a timely and professional manner.
- Schedules all patients for ancillary, surgical, and medical testing/procedures through Meditech.
- Selects accurate insurance carrier plans and informs patients or physician office staff of any carrier that is out of network or any carrier that may result in a decrease on benefits.
- Ensures that any edits performed in the scheduling module are documented in scheduler's notes and duplicated in the admissions module.
- Maintains knowledge of scheduling reports for the next day to ensure department readiness in the event of any unscheduled Meditech down-time.
- Process faxed orders: contact patient and index according to policy within 48 hours.
- Work closely with the physician office staff to ensure that precert numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system.
- Select the correct patient medical record number consistently.
- Maintain open communication with the registration staff regarding unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed and times are available.
- Edit via the scheduling module those departmental calendar changes to ensure that patients are not scheduled when personnel is not available.
- Acknowledge, file, and send E-MAIL messages via OUTLOOK.
- Edit medical accounts to a PRE status.
- Work clinical accounts at least 2 days in advance in order for admitting personnel to use reservations for calling patients and checking patient and insurance information.
- Perform medical necessity compliance screenings on Medicare patients.
- Communicates changes in schedule according to department guidelines.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Appropriately accesses secured rooms with medications storage containers in order to perform assigned job function, which does not include management of medications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: High School diploma or GED required.
Preferred: Prior Scheduling Experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website