DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
*For a limited time we are offering up to $10K Sign On Bonus for experienced RNs (External Candidates Only)*
Registered Nurse (RN) Intensive Care Unit (ICU)/Critical CareSchedule: Full Time Nights, 36 hours per week, 7p-7:30a, rotating weekends and holidays Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our ICU team. Join us in our efforts to better our community! Terre Haute Regional Hospital (THRH) is a 278-bed full-service Level III Trauma hospital accredited by The Join Commission and has provided quality care for the local community for 135 years. We offer cardiovascular services, including open-heart and cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion' labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit; inpatient mental health unit; and other specialized care areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units. We are a member of the HCA Healthcare network. Together, we are a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data. Why Join our ICU Team?
- 16-Bed Medical/Surgical ICU
- Continued receipt of grade “A” rankings for Patient Safety
- Dedicated leadership and staff that nurture continued self-development and our licensed and professional nursing staff have many years of critical care experience.
- Provide exceptional care for a wide variety of patients including Post Op Cardiac patients, those needing critical medication and insulin drips, renal replacement therapies and ventilator care.
- The house wide telemetry station is also located on the ICU Unit
- We have state-of-the-art technology and equipment for monitoring patients, including an external artificial heart device.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
QualificationsEssential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
- Current Indiana licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. ACLS and NIHSS certification must be obtained within first six months of hire date and maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- ICU nurses working in Charge role must have current PALS and TNCC certification and must be maintained throughout employment of Terre Haute Regional Hospital.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Regional Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website