What will you do?
- Assist residents in performing activities of daily living. This requires assisting with maintaining and/or improving the resident's quality of life to the highest functional level.
- Participate in the daily care of residents such as: checks schedule for resident appointments completes personal inventory upon admission, reports care given and observations.
- Provide personal care to residents such as: bathes, dressing, passes nourishment, collects specimens of urine, stool, and sputum, performs post-mortem care
- Assist with skin care and repositioning such as: reports skin breakdown, applies lotion, turns resident side to side, uses mechanical lifts, toilets residents
- Maintain an orderly and clean environment
- Use safe procedures to prevent injuries to residents, self and others.
- Complete required documentation such as: intake/output forms, vitals, weight
- Interact with residents, families, and other associates
- 1 year of previous experience as CNA
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid NYS CNA Certification
- The willingness to provide excellent care to age appropriate resident
- Good Communication skills and skilled in customer service
- Ability to handle unpleasant sights and odors.
- Able to work rotating weekends and holidays
- Able to commit to minimum of 3 shifts per 4-week schedule
- Able to work 2 weekend shifts per schedule
- Able to work 2 legal holidays per year; 1 Summer and 1 Winter
** Lack of compliance with the schedule requirements on a monthly basis will affect the per diem employment with Thompson Health***
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website