DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Paramedic for the Emergency Services Department to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball – Tomball, TexasParamedic - (EMT-P) FT - mixed shifts - rotating weekends
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is a 350-bed offering a wide variety of services, including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, orthopedics, and robotic surgery. The hospital's 150-acre campus also features The Tomball Regional Orthopedic Center, The Women's Center, Texas Sports Medicine Center, and The Heart and Vascular Center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
Our Paramedics have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
- The Paramedic functions under the direction of the Registered Nurse and Medical Director.
- Provides patient care within a defined scope of practice that included patient care and observation, specified treatments and procedures; provision of environmental and personal safety; effective communication.
- Responsible to collect pertinent data within their certification scope of responsibilities and report these clinical, psychosocial etc., findings to the RN and ED physician.
- Assists patients with basic care needs and any other duties related to the well-being of the patient following established nursing policies.
- Prioritizes patient care activities based on patient needs and unit activity under the direction of the Resource Nurse/Clinical communications.
- Associates Degree/Technical Diploma
- State of Texas Paramedic License
- BLS Certification
- ACLS, PALS Certification within 6 months of hire
- 2-4 yrs. experience preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 100 pounds.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website