The role of the VP is strategic and innovative in nature. The primary responsibility is to drive growth of the credit union through continuous development and execution of digital optimization strategies that provide members with a world class experience and maintains our position as a technically innovative credit union.
A successful VP will have in-depth knowledge of effective strategies in the areas of digital adoption, healthy operating environments, vendor management and organizational change management. The VP supports business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness and service quality. Effectively engaging internal business partners and external vendor relationships is important to execution of the multi-year digital strategy the VP will be responsible for creating.
The VP provides leadership to multiple cross-functional teams within the organization. Learning, modeling and teaching the Travis culture including the vision, mission, strategic plan, core values and member centricity approach to all that we do is critical to the Travis leadership brand.
- Collaborates with executive staff to build and execute the strategic direction of the digital channel division focusing on a consistent world class member experience.
- Ensures alignment with TCU's mission, vision and business unit growth objectives, and complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as mitigates risk. Learns, models and teaches the core values and strategic plan. Encourages the behaviors that we expect. Coaches and develops leaders.
- Leverages data around member usage and member feedback analytics and works directly with marketing to develop strategies that improve growth. And by managing internal as well as external partners (and vendors) and partnering with other areas of the organization, serves as the in-house expert for the Digital division's strategy.
- Constantly improves the digital platform and its components through agile methods including member insights.
- Responsible for driving the strategy in all areas that is focused on member need, experience, and engagement.
- Responsible for growth and overall sales effectiveness, financial results, and continued channel delivery relevance. Establishes goals and works with leaders to develop plans to achieving those goals including the success metrics.
- Oversees the operational health of the platforms and components, keeping them current with regular testing and key performance measurements. Chairs the Digital Governance Committee and provides regular Operational Health reporting to executives and board of directors.
- Reports directly to the SVP, Member Experience, Chief Retail Officer.
- Direct supervisory responsibility for the AVP Contact Center and AVP Digital Delivery.
- Overall responsibility for all division employee engagement results by developing leaders who are fluent in coaching and developing our people to become fluent to the skills and strategies necessary for success in their role.
- Drives the e-channel strategy and strategic thinking. Through effective leadership, owns, evolves and continuously improves the credit union's non-branch channel delivery. Defines the strategic priorities and division initiatives to deliver a dynamic end-user experience that aligns with our mission and vision, while positioning the credit union as a channel delivery leader in the financial industry.
- Focuses on the non-branch channel delivery convergence with an emphasis on the member experience to enable the member journey from needs identification through to post fulfillment to attain their financial goals.
- Partners with Marketing Department to collaborate, build and execute digital marketing strategy.
- Improves non-branch channel delivery performance as measured by market share, member adoption, migration (from physical for the routine transactions) revenue, and member satisfaction, driving online and mobile channel adoption, usage and penetration.
- Leads cross-functional project teams and initiatives to continuously enhance the business by developing frameworks, driving initiatives and ensuring accountability for results.
- Recruits, professionally develops, motivates and retains a team of high performing, results-oriented and member-focused staff. Drives the team to meet and exceed division goals and objectives by creating and holding them accountable to performance expectations. Identifies gaps and innovates/adjusts as needs arise.
- Develops and drives the non-branch channel delivery division goals and member engagement through the creative and effective execution of cross-channel business development and member engagement programs. Works in cooperation with management and staff to ensure integration of the organization's strategic initiatives and channel delivery. Analyzes and evaluates the results and effectiveness of programs to ensure optimal performance.
- Stays updated on emerging technologies, service and operational trends. Focuses on the long-term direction of our channel delivery to position the credit union as a channel delivery leader in the financial industry. Ensures compliance and maximum efficiency in implementing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Prepares and manages the division budget and overall business and financial performance, recognizing when changes need to occur in order to maximize the value that the channel delivery can bring to our members' experiences and the organization's financial outcome.
- Attends board meetings, reports on areas of responsibility and actively participates in the organizational short-and long-term strategic planning and goal setting. Participates in civic and community activities to enhance the credit union's image and visibility, as well as reinforce the credit union's commitment to the communities we serve.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in financial services technology or management.
- Minimum 3 years of ecommerce/channel delivery management experience.
- Experience shaping digital service portfolio and developing channel strategies that deliver significant business benefits.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of digital platforms and components, digital channel performance metrics, listening tools, and methodologies and working knowledge of the agile methodology for iterative development, test, learn and execute.
- Ability to serve as project leader for all channel delivery initiatives and coordinate cross-functional teams.
- Deep understanding of/and enthusiasm for web technologies, digital trends and innovation, as well as an in-depth understanding of established and emerging channel delivery and social community platforms is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations regarding channel delivery processes and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the business with the ability to perform analysis and function in a goal-oriented, outcome-based atmosphere.
- Strong decision-making skills and proven ability to lead projects and ensure objectives, goals and commitments are met. Possesses an understanding of where projects fit into overall company and development strategies.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of credit union staff, members, community, and regulatory agency representatives.
- Experience in leadership, performance management, and staff development for career enhancement where applicable.
- Ability to effectively work with, and coordinate the use of, internal and external vendors & consultants relative to these digital channel delivery.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Team and goal oriented work focus.
- Proven track record of leading teams to hit their sales targets.
- Ability to successfully tailor communications according to the audience. Ability to prepare and effectively facilitate presentations.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with others.
- Sound understanding of TCU's products and services.
Apply on company website