Position Title: Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Restaurant Manager, Director of Food & Beverage
Date written/ revised: August 07, 2019
Organize and manage the activities of the Food & Beverage departments, including but not limited to DJT, H2Eau, In Suite Dining, Restaurants, and Bars, to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits and insure outstanding customer service.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Plan and direct all functions of the Food & Beverage Outlets to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Prepare, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments.
- Develop, implement, and monitor schedules for the operation of all food & beverage outlets to achieve a profitable result.
- Participate in the creation and marketing of menu designs to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments and monitor the food and beverage budget to ensure efficient operation and that expenditures stay within budget limitations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses.
- Regularly review, evaluate, and respond to customer satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction of the individual outlets; recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever a change in demand, customer dissatisfaction, or a change in competitive environment requires such changes.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to food and beverage, as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Anticipate the guest's needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency personal supervision of guest complaints.
- Understand and manage Profit and Loss statements, general business practices of restaurant operation.
- Maintain a level of professionalism that will make guests want to return to Trump Hotel's Restaurant.
- Directly communicate with the Chef on all food service and menu issues.
- Assist in seasonal and holiday menu changes.
- Order supplies through Purchasing.
- Manage Micro pricing/maintenance issues to ensure checks can be processed correctly.
- Maintain par levels and direct purchase of china, glass and silverware.
- Adhere to Trump Hotel's sanitation policies and procedures as well as all Health Department codes and regulations.
- Hire, train, supervise, develop, discipline, counsel, and evaluate line employees according to the policies and procedures.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget for the restaurant; develop short and long term financial operating plans.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, departmental meetings, associate meetings, etc.
- In emergencies, perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Frequency Key: Rare - up to 1 hour, Occasional - 1-3 hours, Frequent - 3-6 hours, Constant - 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Climbing stairs Occasional
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying(#lbs) Occasional – up to 50 lbs.
Assimilate into The Trump International Hotel Las Vegas Cultural Foundation through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of the Trump Cornerstones. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Trump International Hotel Las Vegas from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The resort will provide the required PPE. Associates will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Leader.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and associates, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
High School graduate or equivalent required.
College degree preferred.
At least five years experience in related field preferred. Resort restaurant management experience preferred.
Experience with supervision of associates required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Must be able to obtain a Health Card from the Southern Nevada Health District and a TAM Card
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE POSITION DESCRIPTION INFORMATION AND HEREBY STATE THAT I CAN PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION.
Apply on company website