*Sign-on Bonus Available*
Medical Technologist, Coagulation Laboratory, Full Time Days, Hyde Park, IL.
The Medical Technologist in our Coagulation Lab performs routine and esoteric coagulation tests, operates a state-of-the-art instrument system, and conducts esoteric testing with current technology. Responsible for quality control, instrument maintenance, and method development to support a broad menu of routine and esoteric coagulation tests, including diagnostic tests for acute, chronic and inherited bleeding disorders. Works collaboratively with colleagues, participates in process improvement projects, and trains MT students
Medical Technologist- Coagulation Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must satisfy CLIA 88 qualification requirements for testing personnel performing high complexity testing.
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Certification or eligibility as medical technologist (MT) through American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), or equivalent preferred.
- At least one year of pertinent laboratory experience post-BS degree and previous Coagulation experience preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to use laboratory/hospitals information systems.
- Ability to stand, stretch, and bend for majority of time worked; ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Flow Cytometry experience is preferred.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront, University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website